The management of Great Wood Camp endeavour, wherever possible, to behave in an environmentally responsible way.
- site users are encouraged to recycle as much as they can by a colour coded bin system
- the site runs a bio-digester which means that harsh chemicals cannot be used in the water system
- waste water is returned to the environment by a purely natural oxygenation process
- the swimming pool is run on an eco friendly basis – the systems used mean that fewer chemicals are employed and heat is taken from the air to warm the water via a heat exchanger (although this does use a small amount of electricity
- all the new cabins have been fitted with electricity usage meters which highlight to residents how much energy is being wasted when lights are left on